Builders Cleans in Peterborough, Stamford, surrounding areas and beyond.
Over the course of 2016 360 Cleaning Services and 360 Services Group have completed many commercial and domestic builders cleans. These cleans have covered developments in Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Derbyshire and Leicestershire. We have worked succesfully for local government developments, commerical developers and individual projects.
After building work cleaning involves the cleaning of dust, paint marks and other construction related dirt. There is no shortage of cleaning companies specialising in this type of construction cleaning with property development on the increase. The important thing is choosing the right company and not going for the cheapest builders cleaning service you are quoted.
What is the difference between builders clean and after builders clean?
-A builders clean is usually carried out while a construction project or building development is underway or coming to an end. It tends to be an ongoing cleaning service and will require certain health and safety regulations to be met.
-An after builders clean, as the name suggests, is when the building work is completed and the development requires a final clean before occupancy or handover. Most of the heavy cleaning will have been carried out and this is more of a sparkle clean.
What does builders cleaning include?
Here is just a few examples of the detail involved in a build clean.
- Cleaning all the dust and debris left behind from construction work
- Scraping of built up residue
- Polishing of stainless steel
- Washing and polishing all internal and external window surfaces
- Removal of paint marks from door frames and window frames
- Dusting of blinds and furniture
- External cleaning of patios and window ledges
- Dusting of light fixtures and fitting
- Removal of grout stains on tiling
Pricing Of A build clean
How much you pay for your builders cleaning will vary depending on the size and scope of the work involved. Most reputable companies will ask to come out and carry out an inspection of the building site. This enables them to assess the level of work involved and any non-standing cleaning equipment that will be required
Owing to the nature of the work builders cleaning is often more expensive than standard domestic or commercial cleaning. This is due to the cleaners needing to use industrial heavy-duty vacuum cleaners, specialist equipment and safety ladder or towers.
Health and safety requirements
For builders cleaning most construction companies require the cleaning company to provide the following:
- Public and Employers Liability insurance up to £5 million
- Cleaning operatives trained in the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
- Dedicated Health and Safety Advisor
- Regularly audited health and safety policies
- Use of PPE (Personal Protective Clothing) such as steel toe boots, hard hats, gloves and glasses
Words Of Advice
Don’t be persuaded by just price. Make sure you talk to the cleaning company on the phone and arrange for a site inspection. Always ask to see important documentation like a health and safety policy and insurance documents.
Please call 01733 302 912 or contact us here